Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Bryan Cranston had a very close run-in with Charles Manson in the 1960s

 

Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has revealed how he had a brief run-in with Charles Manson only a year before the notorious cult leader ordered his followers to commit a series of shocking murders, including that of Hollywood actress Sharon Tate. 

Posting on Twitter in the aftermath of Manson’s death, Cranston explained how he had briefly seen the notorious criminal while horse riding as a 12-year-old, only a year before the 1969 murders.

“Hearing Charles Manson is dead, I shuddered. I was within his grasp just one year before he committed brutal murder in 1969”, Cranston wrote.

“Luck was with me when a cousin and I went horseback riding at the Spahn Ranch, and saw the little man with crazy eyes whom the other hippies called Charlie.”

Charles Manson

He previously elaborated on the story in a Hudson Union interview in 2016, explaining how he and a cousin heard desperate shouts of “Charlie’s on the hill!”

“Everybody looked around, and there was this frantic nervous energy going on, and they all jumped on horses and away they went”, he said. 

“We asked the old guy [Spahn] what was going on, and he said, ‘Oh, it’s nothing. It’s happened before.’ We thought, ‘Well, Charlie must be someone important.’ 

He also described his shock a year later upon realizing that Manson was the cult leader of the murderous Manson Family.

““I saw his face on the news, and my jaw dropped. My cousin called me first and said, ‘Can you believe this?”, he said.

“The picture of Charlie Manson was the guy on the back of this horse. And we thought for a second, oh my god, what if? It was very freaky, to say the least.”

The post Bryan Cranston had a very close run-in with Charles Manson in the 1960s appeared first on NME.



from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2AZHUoL

REM look back on the classic ‘Man On The Moon’ to mark the single’s 25th anniversary

Beyonce named as the highest paid female musician of 2017

 

Beyonce has been named as the highest paid female musician of 2017, after knocking Taylor Swift from the top spot.

According to Forbes, the singer earned a staggering £79 million from both record sales and her massive ‘Formation’ world tour, which concluded in October 2016.

The second spot, meanwhile, was taken by Adele who raked in £52 million with her first full tour since 2011.

Taylor Swift, meanwhile, slipped down the ranks to third after pulling in £33 million pre-tax from June 2016 to June 2017.

However, she is expected to grab the top spot once more next year after latest album Reputation was released earlier this month.

You can see the whole top 10 below.

  1. Beyonce – £79 million
  2. Adele – £52 million
  3. Taylor Swift – £33 million
  4. Celine Dion – £31 million
  5. Jennifer Lopez – £28 million
  6. Dolly Parton  – £27.9 million
  7. Rihanna – £27 million
  8. Britney Spears – £25 million
  9. Katy Perry – £24 million
  10. Barbra Streisand – £22 million

Swift is also scheduled to return to the UK next month for a huge appearance at Capital FM’s Jingle Bell Ball, alongside the likes of Ed Sheeran and Stefflon Don.

She recently promoted new record Reputation as she appeared as the musical guest on SNL earlier this month.

Swift performed ‘…Ready For It’ first, before delivering a more acoustic performance of the song ‘Call It What You Want’ later in the episode.

The post Beyonce named as the highest paid female musician of 2017 appeared first on NME.



from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2hRD7lv

The name of the crystal foxes in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ has been revealed

Watch Jay-Z halt concert to deliver inspirational message to young fan

Victoria Beckham responds to latest reports of Spice Girls reuniting in 2018

 

Victoria Beckham has spoken out to downplay the latest reports of a Spice Girls reunion in 2018.

The pop group originally formed in 1994, before splitting in 2000 following the recording of three studio albums. The group reunited for a live tour from 2007-08, while they last performed together at the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Then, earlier this month, fresh claims arose that the ’90s ‘girl power’ sensation would be returning in 2018 for a world tour and new album. It was alleged that all five original members of The Spice Girls – Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Mel C and Geri Halliwell – have been taking part in secret talks about the group’s possible return since the summer, with a 2018 date now agreed for a reunion. 

Now Victoria Beckham, formerly Posh Spice, has revealed that it won’t be happening – at least not with her involved – as she’s now moved on and focussed entirely on her successful career in fashion design.

“It is not happening. At some point you’ve gotta know when it’s time say, ‘that was great’,” she told Alison Hammond on This Morning. “Girl Power will always be out there and is something that we all still believe.”

The Spice Girls

The Spice Girls 

She continued: “What I do now is still all about girl power, but it’s empowering women through power.”

“I don’t think I’ll be slipping into a PVC catsuit anytime soon.”

Earlier this month, a source reportedly told The Sun: “The five of them have been locked in secret talks since the summer, and finally they are all on-board for a 2018 reunion. As it stands, they will be working together on a series of projects, which will include an album and a TV special celebrating the Spice Girls. 

“Getting Victoria to agree has been a coup for everyone involved, given she has always been the person holding back on a reunion.”

One person not hopeful for a reunion is Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson, who described the ‘Girl Power’ movement as ‘abhorrent’.

“I always hated the term Girl Power,” said Manson. “At the time, I found the Spice Girls abhorrent”.

She continued: “I was 30 when they came out I guess…[But] I felt they were written for, and controlled by, men, who had come up with a marketing slogan and put these girls together. It was pretending to be women taking control, but none of them took control, they weren’t writing, they weren’t producing, they weren’t playing…I found it a sham.”

Shirley Manson and Spice Girls

Meanwhile, the band recently made headlines when linked to the 11 Twitter accounts followed by KFC – causing a frenzy among fans.

The limited number of accounts has now been shown to be an homage to the restaurant chain’s famous “eleven herbs and spices” chicken recipe.

In a stroke of marketing genius, the eleven accounts have now been revealed as the five former Spice Girls, and six men named Herb.

The post Victoria Beckham responds to latest reports of Spice Girls reuniting in 2018 appeared first on NME.



from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2Bcqvdy

Monday, 20 November 2017

Gwen Stefani Says Things Get 'Muddy and Dirty' When She Spends Time at Blake Shelton's Ranch

In Stefani’s cover story for Marie Claire’s Holiday 2017 issue, the pop star said that things can get pretty dirty when she spends time at her boyfriend’s Oklahoma ranch.

“It’s very tribal,” the “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” singer, 48, told the outlet. “Blake has a sister, she comes with her kids. We cook and get muddy and dirty. There are ATVs. Being a mother of three boys, it’s kind of the perfect place. Everything is real now, whereas before, things didn’t seem so real.”

Gwen Stefani

Stefani also revealed that the heartbreak she went through following her divorce from Gavin Rossdale “was supposed to happen.”

“It was my purpose to write about and share my story,” she added. “I met at least 50 to 100 people before each show on my tour and got to hear that my truth and my story translated, and I feel very lucky and honored knowing that.”

And Stefani wasn’t shy about bringing up the power of prayer.

“Spiritual exercise got me somewhere,” she said. “Some people like to meditate, do yoga, or just take quiet time, but for me – instead of how you talk to yourself, you pray. You surrender and ask for guidance. It’s not all about you.”

Gwen Stefani

As to what’s next for the Grammy Award-winning singer, Stefani said, “I would love to do something like [write a musical], just to be part of a writing thing, because that confidence has come back how and I know I have something to offer. It used to be such a stress; there was so much doubt in me — now it’s like, ‘Well, just go and write and write a song.’”

Stefani’s Marie Claire cover hits newsstands Nov. 28.



from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2z5UFO2

Linkin Park honour Chester Bennington with emotional AMA speech

Watch Foo Fighters honour Malcolm Young with AC/DC cover

First plot details revealed for Quentin Tarantino’s next film

 

The first plot details have been released for Quentin Tarantino’s next film, amid rumors that it will focus on Charles Manson and the 1969 murders carried out by his followers in California. 

The director has signed his first distribution deal with Sony after the collapse of The Weinstein Company, and he’s held discussions with Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, and Leonardo DiCaprio about the prospect of starring in the film.

Despite Tarantino claiming that it will not focus on the Manson murders, it has also been revealed that Margot Robbie is being sought for the role of murdered actress Sharon Tate, with the film being set against the backdrop of her death.

“Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie, according to a source who read the script, focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business”, Vanity Fair claims.

“His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.”

The film is reportedly set to shoot in June next year, ahead of a proposed release in 2019.

DiCaprio’s proposed involvement was first reported earlier this month, after the Oscar winner previously appeared as sadistic plantation owner Calvin Candie in Tarantino’s Django Unchained.

The post First plot details revealed for Quentin Tarantino’s next film appeared first on NME.



from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2B9h2DB