By Philip Cosores
One of music’s biggest crime stories of late, where Vanilla Ice was accused of breaking into a home near a house he was renovating for his reality television show, has come to a close, with both sides apparently reaching a plea that left both feeling good.
Related: Vanilla Ice May Have Been Robbing Foreclosed Home for a Month
Ice (real name: Robert Van Winkle) has agreed to 100 hours of community service and pay the homeowner’s estate more than $1,100, with prosecutors agreeing to drop grand theft and burglary charges.
“I’m happy to get this resolved,” Ice said (via the Palm Beach Post ). “I never had any criminal intent. It’s just unfortunate, but here we are. I’m moving forward.”
There is some humor in the fact that Ice is requested to volunteer his time to Habitat for Humanity just as his reality series for the DIY network is premiering. This wasn’t lost on Ice, with him noting, “I’m going to do what I do anyway. This is an easy thing. It’s like asking the Pope to pray.”
from Radio.com http://ift.tt/1bSwp5N
No comments:
Post a Comment