Thursday, 22 September 2016

Listen To Ringo Starr's Empowering New Song For International Day Of Peace

Ringo Starr has released a soulful new song in celebration of the UN's International Day of Peace. 

"Making this record was incredibly personal for me," said Starr to Billboard. "Against the backdrop of war or social unrest, I always turned to music as a refuge. I hope this record can offer people solace and inspire them to do all they can to bring peace to their communities."

On the song, the former Beatles drummer splits singing duties with Colin Hay, Billy Valentine and Richard Page. The track also features backup vocals from social media stars Christian Collins, Maddi Jane, Casey McPherson, James Maslow and Wesley Stromberg. 

"I am so grateful to Ringo Starr for lending his talent to unite people through the gift of song," said UN representative Ray Chambers in a statement. "I hope people across the world from Colombia to Syria will heed this call for peace—now."



from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2cwy7x0

No comments:

Post a Comment