In a world in which we are inundated with entertainment content, it's nice to know we can get caught up in 140 characters or less and still be perfectly informed on pop culture events. I don't care about the Grammys, I really don't, so my editor thought it'd be funny if I posted up on Twitter for the three-and-a-half hours the awards show was airing and try to figure out what was going on solely based on what people were tweeting. I did, and this is what I learned.
Rihanna's Date For The Evening Was Alcoholism
The best gif I saw tonight heavily featured Rihanna, her twins, and a "diamond" flask swaying to the rhythm of what I can only imagine was a terrible live performance by a seemingly underprepared up and coming hip hop star.
Move over, Leo and Leo's vape pen, there's a new It Couple in town. Rihanna and Rihanna's flask. https://t.co/l0Lynau46g http://pic.twitter.com/Vgr6KWTSpl
— E! News (@enews) February 13, 2017
Adele threw Shade At The Ghost of George Michael
So I sit down to catch up on all of the music I couldn't be bothered to actually listen to when the first thing that pops up is Adele's big news. At first glance, I'm assuming Adele tried a drunken political soliloquy that quickly went off the rails.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 13, 2017
Nope. Looks more like she just started the song poorly and demanded they begin again from the top.
— Ryan Cameron (@ryancameron) February 13, 2017
Well, that's good news. It's nice to see someone care enough about a tribute song to really get it right. On the other hand, it sure would be nice if you didn't have to listen to the song one and one-quarter times. (I mean, I didn't, but you know what I'm getting at.)
Prince Is Alive And Well
Tributes for the recently passed stars and icons is the bread and butter of every awards show. The Oscars have the very moving PowerPoint presentation they do every year, where the most exciting thing is to see who the very last picture is — Sort of a morbid MVP ceremony.
The Grammys have song tributes. This past year had one of the most devastating lists of all time, so it was nice to see one of the biggest icons, Prince — a living legend rocking the stage with the energy and enthusiasm of one of the biggest performers of the current era, someone like Bruno Mars.
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) February 13, 2017
Mark Cuban Beat Donald Trump Out For Best New Artist
Earlier on Sunday (February 12) our current president tweeted out a seemingly out-of-the-blue message directed at the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban. It was an oddly worded little tirade that seemed random at the time. However, after thumbing through my Twitter feed it looks like there was a controversial decision that awarded a Grammy to the billionaire over the Commander in Chief. Tough loss with a pinch of bad blood.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2017
At least one young "star" in attendance was pulling for "Easy D."
— Twisted Pop (@TwistedPop) February 13, 2017
Had Donald Trump actually won it would have been an unprecedented underdog story. The fact tat he was even a finalist/nominee kind of blows my mind.
Here's Busta Rhymes accepting the award on behalf of Mark, highlighting the growing tensions between the two artists and their crews.
— Variety (@Variety) February 13, 2017
I wish we lived in a world where something that's supposed to be just a fun night recapping the year in popular music wouldn't turn political. That being said, I'm still hella hyped for the inevitable diss tracks sure to be leaking soon. #RoguePotus
Beyonce Is Goddess
This isn't a new revelation or anything, but during the Grammy's, the Queen Bey took on her final form:
Sorry, wrong picture. Though she does bare a striking resemblance to Xerxes.
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) February 13, 2017
Wanna see more of my favorite innerwebs finds? You can read the full "Mike's Favorite Things on the Innerwebs" series right here.
from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2l7TLwH
No comments:
Post a Comment