If you're a fan of country music or have been watching The Voice since the beginning, then you'll know a little something about RaeLynn. The Texas-born, now Nashville-based singer and songwriter got widespread fame when she was a contestant on the second season of The Voice where she started on Adam Levine's team then ended her run on Blake Shelton's. Although she's still seen as an up-and-coming artist in the music world, the 22-year-old has been singing since she was very young in her family's church. And now with the release of her debut album, WILDHORSE, on March 24, it's time you got to know RaeLynn a little bit better.
She Has a Strong Musical Upbringing
"My family has a church in Baytown, TX, and we were that family that would say, ‘Rachel, go up there and sing this note!’" she said. "Or ‘play this part on the drums! Or ‘play this part on the piano!’ We’re always learning and kind of thrown when it comes to instruments and notes and stuff. It’s kind of cool because it taught me so much about music. I had to learn every facet of it. I wasn’t just a singer. I played lot of different instruments. It gave me a lot of creativity when I was younger."
She Learned a Lot From 'The Voice'
"Before I was on The Voice, I never really worked in a real band," RaeLynn revealed. "I worked in church bands. I learned so much about stage blocking and learned so much about choreography. I learned how to do interviews. I didn’t know how to interview at that point. I was figuring out the artist I wanted to be and sticking to a style. And that show was just so eye-opening for me. It went from being this kind of dream that I had that I never knew it would come to life to literally watching it come to life in front of my eyes. It’s so crazy because we’d do all this work for that whole week for just two minutes of complete and utter amazingness onstage."
And She'll Take the Advice from Blake and Adam Wherever She Goes
"It was just so cool to work with amazing talent like Blake Shelton and Adam Levine — to really hear their advice," she said. "Some of the words that they gave me, I’ll teach anybody that ever asks me about the music industry and how to make it. You can’t buy what you experience on The Voice. That’s why I tell everybody to at least audition. You need know. It doesn’t matter how high you make it. It’s the experience.”
She Admires Blake But Also Has a Great Laugh With Him
“Blake is such a hoot and holler," RaeLynn revealed. "He’s such an amazing person. We legit have the funnest time together. I always wanted to learn something from Blake on the road. He’s just so himself on tour. When he goes onstage, it’s like a comedy show. He’s the funniest guy, and he’s so great at what he does. I can’t wait to go back on tour with him. Sometimes I have to pinch myself in the ass when I’m on the road because it’s such a dream come true.”
She Has No Problem Being Honest in Her Lyrics
"My favorite artists are the ones who wear their heart on their sleeves," she said. "And I think the best way to show a fan who you are is to sing who you are and what you’ve been through. Ultimately, there’s someone in the world who’s gone through what you’ve been through. I wrote this song when I was 18 years old, four years ago, and I never honestly thought it would see the light of day. I didn’t know if people would relate to it or it was the right radio song or whatever. But now seeing that it’s getting over 850,000 streams a week, it’s just reacting so well. You can never lose by being too real, and you can never lose by wearing your heart on your sleeve. And I think that’s what’s so magical about being in the music industry right now. When you are who you are and you sing about who you are and you sing about what you’ve been through, it’s always going to win. And I admire that about the world. It can be so awesome, and I’m just proud of it.”
She Writes Songs Every Day
"Honestly, people like me are writing everyday," she said. "After I get off this call with you, I’m going to go write a new song. So knowing my ADD self, I’ll want to put that new song the record. That’s just how we [artists] are being creative. That’s why you have people around you who say, ‘No, this is the record. Focus on this.’ Because us creative types can jump from one thing to another. I know I can.”
"Young" Holds a Special Place for Her
"There’s a song on there called ‘Young,’ and I wrote that when I was pretty young — when I was 17 or 18," RaeLynn revealed. "My favorite part of the song is that it’s not just about being young but about being young at heart and living every day to the fullest and never taking a day for granted on this earth."
And "Young" Features Her Cousin and BFF
"When I wrote this song," she started, "my cousin, Leeland (Mooring), who’s actually featuring on it, and one of my best friends, Nicole, I remember when we were writing the chorus, it’s just open. And you can hear me and my cousin singing on YouTube, but we actually sang it on this radio station when I was 18. There’s something so spiritual when we sang it that I was like, ‘Oh my god, this has to be on the record, and you have to sing it with me.’ And I don’t know it just kind of rounded out the record for me because it was such an amazing feeling on the day we wrote it. I guess being 22 now, almost 23, and having a song that you wrote when you were 17 and is still relating to you, is super awesome. It was one of those song that every time I see my record, I’m so glad it made the cut.”
She's Named One of 2017's 'One to Watch'
Last year, Pandora named RaeLynn one of the 'Artists to Watch 2017' and was one of two country artists on the list.
“First of all when I saw the list," she said, "I was like, ‘Wait, I don’t know any of these country artists. Wait, I’m only one of two country artists! We spend so much time here in Nashville creating, working on a body of work and making everything perfect. So to get recognized for all the hard work that we do as artists here, it never gets old. So when I found that out, I was just so excited. You think your music is great, like I think what I create is awesome. But to see somebody else thing it’s awesome, and to say it’s so good that they need to watch out for me this year, that’s so awesome to me. I can’t get over it. It’s just such an honor. I’ve been a big fan of Pandora for a long time. So to say that about me means the world.”
She Never Stops Creating
“I’m always working on music," she explained. "I feel like in the middle of all the madness, you should always create. You never want to lose something. You never want to lose an idea. So yeah, I’m always writing. I’m always in the studio. I think that’s what makes us all grow.”
Learn more fun facts about your favorite up-and-coming artists by visiting our 10 Things page.
from Myspace - Editorial http://ift.tt/2lJTzVC
No comments:
Post a Comment